Why work for TrustHCS?
TrustHCS takes a different stance than most when addressing employee needs. At TrustHCS, employees find a company that cares for their employees and a group of coworkers who become like family. We believe families come first and build in work flexibility allowing employees to realize work life balance.
In the area of benefits, all full-time employees are offered medical, dental, vision, LTD/STD, and a 401k. (Part-time employees are also afforded the ability to enroll in the TrustHCS 401k program.) Life insurance is also an option with a basic policy provided and paid for by TrustHCS.
Continuing education is valued at TrustHCS. Full-time staff can request education reimbursement towards HIM degrees or additional certifications. $200 per calendar year are also provided to cover other continuing education items including dues, books, and workshops.
This consultant will be expected to:
- Evaluate workflow processes with the CDI department as well as the interaction with other facility departments.
- Lead new project initiatives.
- Adhere to all coding and clinical documentation improvement guidelines as endorsed by AHIMA and ACDIS.
- Perform review on CDIS queries and looks for additional query opportunities.
- Review medical records for completeness and accuracy for severity of illness and risk of mortality.
- Accurate and timely record review.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DRG payer issues, documentation opportunities, clinical documentation requirements, and referral policies and procedures.
- Analyze findings and identify potential root causes of produced errors.
- Prepare referenced summary reports of findings for clients.
- Provide client education related to audit findings.
- CDI management experience.
- Experience with telecommuting, working with EMRs and other electronic tools.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Works well with numbers.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to work with multiple and diverse clients and projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain and access multiple files.
- Assure that work product is completed with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- This position requires up to 75% travel.
- When not at a client site, this position is remote.
Education & Experience:
- Recognized CDI credential from ACDIS (CCDS) or AHIMA (CDIP).
- Current clinical license (RN).
- Two or more years working as a clinical documentation specialist.
- Three years or more clinical experience in an acute care setting. Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Company provided laptop and monitor.
- Excellent benefits package.
- PTO and flexibility with work schedule.